Payment Processing Breaches
Recently there have been payment processing security breaches that impacted some of Banner Bank’s debit and credit cardholders. After careful review, Banner Bank decided to replace debit and credit cards which were possibly affected. Impacted clients are protected by the Bank’s fraud tools until their new card arrives. If your card information was impacted, a replacement card has been mailed to you.
- We assure our clients the actions Banner Bank takes in response to these events are similar to those our debit card and credit card colleagues take every day to protect our clients from fraud. Our fraud monitoring services are tuned to search for unusual transactions, and many times prevent those transactions from ever authorizing. Further, following a known breach, the fraud monitoring services are adjusted to monitor fraud patterns linked to that specific incident. In addition, we continually monitor all transactions
- When apparent fraud is detected, the Bank will reach out to clients to review transactions and arrange for card replacement if necessary
- Importantly, every cardholder should regularly monitor their account(s) to ensure that all transactions were performed by them
- Immediately contact the Bank (using the number on the back of the card) if you find transactions that are not yours
- The Bank protects cardholders from loss due to fraudulent transactions, should they occur, in harmony with the terms of our account agreements and disclosures
We will continue to carefully monitor these situations on behalf of each cardholder. However, if you have further questions, please contact us toll free at 800-272-9933 and we would be glad to talk with you.