Personal Information and Privacy Notice
Banner Bank is committed to transparency and choice regarding protecting the privacy of our clients' personal information, as well as that of all visitors to our website. Please read our Privacy Notice and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice for details regarding how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
- “Affiliates” means companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- “Nonaffiliates” means companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- “Joint Marketing” means a formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT, FOR WHAT PURPOSE, AND HOW WE COLLECT IT:
We may collect the following Personal Information about you for the purposes listed:
- Contact information about you to allow us to verify your identity and use the App: Your name, postal address, zip code, social security number, e-mail address, telephone number, and User ID. The first four pieces of information are collected from you when you open an account with us. The remaining pieces of information may be collected when you open an account or when you sign up for on-line banking services. When you use the App, this information may transfer and be available from our core processing system.
- Card Controls: We may collect Personal Information about you, which may include name, postal address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number, account numbers, card number, expiration date or verification numbers, social security number and mobile device location. This allows you to establish and receive alerts about certain types of card transactions. For instance, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data to verify the location of ATM or in-store transactions.
- Zelle®: The App, with your consent, accesses the contacts information stored on your mobile device. This information allows you to fill information fields from your contacts to send or receive funds using the Zelle® feature of the App. If you would like to use this feature of Zelle®, we need to receive permission to access your contacts. With your first use of Zelle®, a pop-up will appear when you go to add recipients from your phone contacts. Please click the “Allow” button to authorize our access to your contacts.
We generally use the Personal Information to manage risks related to: (a) information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus; (b) payment and other historical transaction information in which you participate through the Service; and (c) any Personal Information that you may enter into information blocks present in the App interface or made available through the Service. We also may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, device identifiers, your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance of the Service. We do not sell your personal information or share it with third parties for joint marketing purposes.
California: Under California law, we will not share information we collect about you with Nonaffiliates, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts, or to provide rewards or benefits you are entitled to. We will limit sharing among our Affiliates to the extent required by California law.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU: To protect Personal Information about you from unauthorized access and use, when you enter sensitive information (such as a debit or credit card number or mobile phone number) into the App, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Advertising Opt Out
Banner Bank uses online behavioral advertising for marketing purposes. Online behavioral advertising, which is also sometimes called interest based advertising, uses information collected across multiple websites that you visit in order to predict your preferences and to show you ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. This information is gathered using "cookies.” Cookies are small text files that a website stores in your web browser's cache. They are not programs and cannot harm your computer. Cookies generally contain information that is associated with your web browser, not you personally. Information does not include personal identification information such as your name, phone number or address. Modern browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari allow you to block or limit cookies. You may also opt out of online behavioral advertising by using this free service: www.aboutads.info/choices/.