Payment Processing Breaches & Security
Payment Processing Security Breaches
As payment processing security breaches occur, Banner Bank may replace debit and credit cards which were possibly affected. Clients who may be affected by payment processing security breaches are protected by the Bank’s fraud tools until their new card arrives.
How Banner Bank protects you in the event of a payment processing security breach
- We assure our clients the actions Banner Bank takes in response to these events are similar to those our debit card and credit card colleagues take every day to protect our clients from fraud.
- Our fraud monitoring services are tuned to search for unusual transactions, and many times prevent those transactions from ever authorizing. Further, following a known breach, the fraud monitoring services are adjusted to monitor fraud patterns linked to that specific incident. In addition, we continually monitor all transactions
- When apparent fraud is detected, the Bank will reach out to clients to review transactions and arrange for card replacement if necessary
- Importantly, every cardholder should regularly monitor their account(s) to ensure that all transactions were performed by them
- Immediately contact the Bank (using the number on the back of the card) if you find transactions that are not yours
- Banner protects cardholders from loss due to fraudulent transactions, should they occur, in harmony with the terms of our account agreements and disclosures