Prevent Identity Theft
What You Don't Know Can Hurt YouIdentity theft happens when someone obtains your personal information, such as name, date of birth, social security number or mother's maiden name to commit fraud or other crimes. If you've become a victim of identity theft, contact us.
Fraud is committed when criminals use your personal information to access your financial information and make purchases
Who Can It Affect?
Anyone. Although it's considered a felony crime, police can't help you restore your credit record and undo the damage that's been done. Taking the proper precautions with your information is the best protection.
Tips to Prevent Identity Theft
- Never give out your checking account, credit card or Social Security number to solicitors or callers that you have not contacted
- Never give out your password or PIN for your debit card, credit card or ATM card
- Check your accounts frequently using free Banner Online Banking and contact us if you notice any suspicious activity
- Receive and pay bills online instead of by mail with Banner Bill Pay. The less biller information in your mailbox, the better
- Protect your information by not receiving paper copies of your account statements. With free Banner eStatements, just login to Banner Online Banking and view or print the statement information you need
- Provide personal information only on websites that are secure and only when you have initiated the contact. Always check for the lock icon in the bottom right of your screen, and check the browser to make sure that "https" ("s" indicates secure) is displayed in the website address
More ways to protect yourself from fraudulent activity:
Debit Card Controls & Alerts
Set controls and real-time alerts to add security to your debit card with the Banner Bank Debit Card Controls app. From the app, you can manage when, where, and how your debit card can be used. Learn more about the Banner Bank Debit Card Controls app.
Real-Time Credit Card Notifications
When you provide us with your mobile phone number, we can text you fraud alerts for your Banner Bank credit card. Simply reply Yes to confirm your credit card activity or No for unauthorized transactions. Text messages come from short code 86975.