Security Tips | Protect Personal & Financial Information
Banner Bank is committed to protecting your personal informationWe've created a variety of important security tips to help you protect your personal and business financial information. It will also increase your level of online security.
Your protection is the highest priority for us
Our tools and monitoring systems ensure your identity is safe.
- Verification. For example, when you change your address, we request specific information about you to verify your identity before making any changes
- Account monitoring. Irregular account activity (multiple check orders, address changes, heavy withdrawals) prompts a phone call for information
- Fraud detection. We have account monitoring tools that recognize identity theft. We regularly receive information about known fraudulent addresses and phone numbers, and compare them to new account requests and account changes
More ways to protect yourself from fraudulent activity:
Real-Time Credit Card Notifications
When you provide us with your mobile phone number, we can text you fraud alerts for your Banner Bank credit card. Simply reply Yes to confirm your credit card activity or No for unauthorized transactions. Text messages come from short code 86975.
Account & Security Alerts
Always know what's happening with your account. Receive a voice, email or text message for any alert you activate. Learn more about Account and Security Alerts.
Tips on how you can protect your financial information
- Retrieve mail promptly and send bills and other sensitive documents from a secure mailbox
- Shred private documents such as receipts, applications, bank statements, etc
- Sign up for Banner eStatements to prevent theft of paper documents
- Keep documents such as your social security card or passport in a secure area at home or in a safety deposit box
- Review your credit report at least once a year
Online, Email and Text Messages
- Never share any personal information, especially Social Security numbers, account numbers or login and password information via email. Banner Bank will never ask for personal information via email
- Beware of phishing emails. These emails tell you that you must use the provided link to verify or change your account in some way. Banner Bank will never send an email asking you for this type of information
- Beware of suspicious text messages requesting your account information via your mobile device (e.g., cell phone, PDA, etc.). Banner Bank will never send a text message to your mobile device asking you for this type of information
- Keep your passwords secret and do not leave them in an unsecured area; change them regularly for better protection
Protect Your Computer
- Install and regularly update antivirus software to prevent viruses and anti spam software to help prevent spam and junk email from entering your inbox
- Install a firewall to help prevent unauthorized access to your computer
- Install spyware software to block the installation of spyware on your computer. Spyware can monitor or control your computer use and send you pop ups or redirect you to websites
- Keep your computer operating system and Internet browser current to provide additional protection against fraud and theft
- Back up all sensitive information from your old computer before you discard and erase the hard drive
- Change your wireless network default password as well as the default SSID (name used to identify your network). Don't broadcast your SSID and consider using encryption on your network