MoneyWise Tips to Deepen Your Financial Knowledge
Dreaming of homeownership?
Are you thinking of buying a home? That’s a big decision in ANY economy. Don’t assume it’s out of reach right now. It’s always the right time to become MoneyWise on this subject with free information, calculators, and money-saving tips.
The path to homeownership looks different for everyone.
- First-time buyer? There may be options to reduce your down payment, closing costs and more.
- Upsizing or downsizing? You can use income from your existing home to finance all/part of your next home.
- Want to buy land and build your dream home or place a prefabricated home? There are special programs just for you.
- Multi-generational living? Learn about a loan that includes income contributions from other household members.
- Planning to buy a fixer-upper? Explore combinations that allow you to buy a home and finance property improvements.
Whatever your situation, start by gathering your own facts. Here are a few topics we often get asked about:
- A 20% down payment is required to buy a home: MYTH
- There are special loan programs for Veterans, first responders and teachers: FACT
- Self-employed workers don’t qualify for traditional mortgages. MYTH
We’re here to help you get MoneyWise—however it works best for you:
- Learn more about starting your home-buying journey, including if you qualify for down-payment assistance, at one of our upcoming free workshops.
- Get personalized assistance and answers by talking with one of our mortgage experts (find one near you).
- Explore our blogs for more information and tips:
Ready to own your dream home?