Welcome AltaPacific Bank
Tips to Get Started with Online Banking
- Online Banking: Sign in with your existing login credentials. Current browsers required. The first time you sign in, you will receive a secure access code.
- Bill Pay: If you use Bill Pay, your payee and scheduled payments will be available in Banner Online Banking. You may need to re-set up electronic payees. The first time you schedule a payment, you will need to approve the payee. Approval is also required for any existing recurring payments.
- Mobile App: You will need to download Banner Bank's mobile app for Android or iOS devices and sign in with your online banking login credentials.
- eStatements: If you receive your statements online, you must enroll for eStatements within Banner Online Banking.
Intuit Conversion Instruction Guides
As we prepare to welcome you to Banner Bank, please take a moment to review the instruction guide below that corresponds to the Inuit software you currently use to connect to your AltaPacific accounts. You will need to modify your Mint, Quicken or Quickbooks settings once your accounts have transitioned to Banner Bank.
Mint Conversion Guides
Quickbooks Conversion Guides
- Quickbooks for Mac Conversion Instructions, Direct Connect
- Quickbooks for Mac Conversion Instructions, Web Connect
- Quickbooks Online Conversion Instructions, Express Web Connect
- Quickbooks for Windows Conversion Instructions, Direct Connect
- Quickbooks for Windows Conversion Instructions, Web Connect
Quicken Conversion Guides
- Quicken for Mac Conversion Instructions, Direct Connect
- Quicken for Mac Conversion Instructions, Web Connect
- Quicken for Mac Conversion Instructions, Express Web Connect
- Quicken for Windows Conversion Instructions, Direct Connect
- Quicken for Windows Conversion Instructions, Web Connect
- Quicken for Windows Conversion Instructions, Express Web Connect
Commonly Asked Questions
Why did AltaPacific Bank merge with Banner Bank?
This was an opportunity for our two banks to create a larger collective presence in California. The cultures and approach to serving clients were very similar at our two banks. Plus, this merger offers numerous benefits to AltaPacific Bank clients, including expanded products and services, more locations to choose from and higher lending limits for commercial clients–all while remaining with a well-respected financial institution.
Will AltaPacific Bank’s name change?
Yes. After systems conversion in early 2020, we will operate as one unified bank, Banner Bank. Prior to that change you will receive more information about Banner Bank, our products, services and other details to ensure you feel right at home.
Who is Banner Bank?
Headquartered in Walla Walla, Washington, Banner has been serving clients for nearly 130 years with a wide variety of products and services. Our offerings include a full suite of business and personal banking products and services including personal loans and mortgage lending, commercial and small business lending, treasury management services and commercial real estate lending. We operate more than 175 locations in California, Washington, Oregon, California and Idaho. In fact, we already serve nearly all the same communities as AltaPacific.
With current assets of $12.4 billion, Banner Corporation trades on NASDAQ under the symbol BANR.
Will any branches be consolidated?
One thing that makes this combination a good fit is the fact that we serve some of the same communities. Two AltaPacific branches will consolidate with Banner Bank branches in early 2020. The AltaPacific branch in Riverside will consolidate with Banner’s Riverside branch. The AltaPacific branch in Ontario will consolidate with Banner’s nearby Rancho Cucamonga branch. If you are an AltaPacific client who banks at either of these branches, we have mailed you additional details about these branch consolidations.
How will my accounts change?
We are working to ensure the integration of AltaPacific Bank goes smoothly while bringing you new opportunities for products, services, and expanded ways to access to your accounts. We carefully reviewed every AltaPacific Bank product and if changes were made, you were mailed detailed information in early 2020.
What changes now, before the integration is complete?
It will be business as usual at all AltaPacific Bank locations until systems conversation in early 2020.
Will you continue to focus on Community Banking?Yes. Like AltaPacific Bank, personalized, professional service and relationship banking are at the foundation of Banner Bank. You can expect a community-minded approach and a professional environment with connected, knowledgeable and responsive bankers who go the extra mile to provide value-added solutions with exemplary service.
Still have questions or need help?
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.